Friday, February 1, 2008

Flashback Friday

Ok, so my friend K (to protect her identity from the paparazzi) gave me this great idea for my blog ----Flashback Fridays. I was like 'rad--totally awesome idea'. So I thought I would reminisce about some of the cool fads of growing up in the 80's and 90's. Flashback with me.....


  • Jelley bracelets-- the more the better, you could even make a ring/bracelet combo





  • Slap bracelets-- the cheetah pattern was totally awesome

  • Hair scrunchies

  • High heel pumps with lacey socks

  • Two, or three pairs of scrunched socks

Side pony tails

  • Acid wash jeans







  • MC Hammer pants (parachute pants)

  • phrases like "I know you are but what am I", "As if", "Barf me out", "That is totally boss","Take a chill pill", "Cool beans", "Gag me with a spoon", "Grody to the max"

  • Breakdancing







  • Swatch!!!







  • and the best for last, LEGWARMERS!!!






Awww, that was fun. Add your favorite 80's memory!!
























6 comments:

The Nebeker Six Pack said...

Hey, don't forget Jelli Shoes and Banana Clips and peg and rolling your jeans!!

Kristen said...

Oh I totally had a swatch watch the one that smelled. It was great. Speaking of side pony tails that is what Mattison wanted to do today for "crazy Hair Day" I told her it's not that crazy I used to do it all the time.

Jesus said...

new wave music, actual music videos on Mtv, Mullets and girls with mile high hair!

Anonymous said...

what about those BIG OL' bangs!! and saying "like" like every other word. totally.

Cardalls said...

Leg warmers and the neck cut out of sweatshirts (go Flashdance!).

QnA Drapers said...

I was just thinking the other day about Napolean Dynamite at the krause house- we miss hanging out at night and watching movies outside. That was too fun!