Saturday, January 17, 2009

Alex FINALLY Rides A Bike!!


So the weather today was georgous--and I thought to myself--Self, you need to teach Alex to ride a two wheeler bike! So today we tackled that task! It took all of five seconds and he was off! He only had a couple of really good crashes, but no tears or scrapes--yet. He even learned how to start by himself! Good job Alex--we knew you could do it!!
Here he is on his first pass all alone--don't mind the dorky excited mom voice!

Here he is on his next pass all alone--it's funny how he crashes at the end!

And this last one is just to show off his skills (for the gradparents) ! By this time he'd only been riding all of 10-15 minutes!

9 comments:

tavia said...

that is so cool but sad he getting so big

The Kochs said...

Awesome job, Alex!! I'm going to show Hannah and hopefully you can inspire her. Have fun riding your 2wheeler.

Kristen said...

Sweet riding Alex. The weather does look gorgeous. What great parents you are to take advantage of it.

VegasWatkins said...

Awesome way to go Alex!!

Vicki said...

Good job Alex and good job Melissa. We have such a hard time teaching our kids to ride bikes, they get so nervous and scared for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Alex! I am so proud of you. Your Dad had it too easy. You should of made him push you alot more!! You are awesome!! Luv Ya--Grandma

Lindsay said...

Emily just learned too! You guys are good parents to teach him on grass. Emily was not that lucky...:) I was surprised at how fast she picked it up too!
Good job Alex...that is really exciting!

LaShawn said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting. I sure miss seein' everyone there in Vegas. I think I need to visit soon.

randi said...

I didn't mean to laugh on that run of him riding and you telling him to keep going and then him crashing at the end. But it's so cute and funny!