Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Jose!!!



All Hail the Birthday King!!! Today 'mi rey' is a glorious 33. Look how nice he cleans up. I was reminiscing on some of the funny instances from our past. Let's roll on down the memory lane...

There was the time in college (lots of good times in college....) when he thought it would be funny to type silly or bad words throughout an english paper I was working on, while I was out in the hall on the phone. Instead of erasing the "bad words", he "accidentally" erased half of my english paper (due the next day by the way).

Or the time we were coming back from Yuma in our old blue car, in the summer, and the car started overheating. So we rolled down the windows and turned the HEAT on, only to be passing the lovely cow farms (PU) and to top it off we drove thru a swarm of bees!! We just looked at each other and said one day well look back at this and laugh--we can now!

Any one who knows Jose knows there is never dull moment with him around. His knowledge of useless facts, his sense of humor(not everyone appreciates--or maybe it's just me), his karaoke skills, his ability to quickly and without trying lock you out of your car-even if you are in Mexico (no discrimination here).

This all may sound negative but the honest truth is I LOVE HIM!! Let's all take a moment to reflect on "His Magesty"--the birthday king! Share your favorite "J" moments.

9 comments:

Janalee said...

Jose? I don't get it. Is that a nickname?

I'll share one. I remember hanging out with you guys a lot and then one day it occurred to me that I'd never really spoken directly to "Jose", just to Melissa. Then I felt bad and knew that he thought I was a snob. Then I tried to make it a point to talk TO him more.

Wait. Are you just avoiding using real names for safety sake?

Kristen said...

That is such a cute picture of you two. What is it from? Happy Birthday Jose.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jesus!! I can't think of one particular moment to share. All I know is since the day Melissa brought Jesus home to meet her family, I have been laughing with him since. I love his sense of humor (of course I don't have to live with it 24/7). I hope you had a great 33rd Birthday and I hope you keep laughing. Love ya.

Meli said...

"Jose" is a joke. No matter what, every time we meet new people they always get our names wrong and call us Jose and Michelle. The picture is from my brother's wedding up at the temple.

QnA Drapers said...

You guys look HOT! Reminds me of a picture I have seen of you two- when you were dating...maybe you should post that one too.. Hope youre doing well!

randi said...

Ok I have one...remember when Jose was about to give the prayer at the Softleys in front of everyone and I not so nonchalantely pointed out that his pants zipper was down! Hey, we couldn't have him talking to you know who with his pants undone! What are friends for? Happy Birthday Jose!!!

Anonymous said...

What A Guy! All I know is that since he got the dubious honor of being the first 'son-in-law' in the family he's really had it tough. We just can't seem to keep from giving him a hard time. Gee--it's just like he's a member of the family!! Hope you had a great B-day. Mom W

Meli said...

randi, J was actually betting on you sharing this experience!! LOL

Shelley said...

LOL!! I will always remember his name since Chad kept calling him Jose! No, Chad it's Jesus!! :) Happy Birthday!!