Friday, January 18, 2008

Simple Joys

As I was eating my cereal this morning I was pondering on what brings me simple joy. Like cereal--its cheap, crunchy and a great sweet snack. Some other things that bring me simple joy are

  • having all the socks match up after laundry
  • my kids giggles
  • emails from friends--not just forwards
  • finding a dollar in your pant/coat pocket
  • any positive amount in the checkbook after bills are paid, even if its the dollar you found in your pocket

I am sure if I sat here long enough I could have a huge list but these were my top 5 off the top of my head. So, what are some of your simple joys? Don't overthink it, just rattle off your top 5, let me know!! (any one else have the sock one?????)

3 comments:

Janalee said...

Love the sock one.

1) smelling/inhaling my children's heads/faces - fresh or not.
2) when the kids are playing happily (that's the key) in the back yard
3) sitting down to the computer at the start of the day and checking email and blog.
4) Mondays - I love mondays
5) When I'm done doing a big sharing time or other church duty and it's OVER, whew!

Cardalls said...

1. Blogging and reading others blogs
2.The end of Sacrament Meeting when Dave can take Garrett-can you tell it was a bad day at church?
3.The trampoline--it has been the best thing for my kiddos--they play so great on it.
4. Having my kids say I love you spontaneously.
5. a quiet house

Anonymous said...

1)The smell of my house right after it's cleaned.
2)chocolate
3)Getting emails from friends (not forwards)
4)Completely completing a project
5)Hearing my children playing/giggling or just getting along.